Videos are a rage on social media. Over the past year, the amount of time people spend on Facebook Live has quadrupled, and the amount of time spent watching Instagram videos has increased by 80%. But to promote your business, how should you go about making videos for social media?
Here is a comprehensive guide that will help you make stunning videos to grab the attention of your target audience on popular platforms like Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, TikTok, LinkedIn, and Snapchat. You’ll only need to understand your customers and use the right video editor to create content that converts.
Before we get into the technicalities of creating social media videos, let us understand its importance through some figures:
- 86% of businesses say videos help generate leads and 81% of marketers claim that they help in enhancing sales.
- 93% of businesses say videos have helped increase brand awareness, while 87% of marketers said the video gave them a better ROI overall.
- 96% of consumers watched explainer videos to learn more about products and services. 88% of audiences say that watching a brand’s video led them to buy a product or service.
- Video uploads increased by 263.4% in 5 years, and the total video watch time has enhanced by about 249% in 5 years.
When you consider these facts, it’s clear that video marketing must be an important part of your business marketing strategy. You can use video marketing to:
- Enhance brand awareness.
- Sell directly through these social media and content distribution platforms.
- Promote events.
- Bond with your audience and improve customer experience.
- Talk about products and offer deals and discounts.
- Share comprehensive information about your business, products, and services.
- Share customer reviews, testimonials, and feedback.
So, let’s explore what kind of content can you create for social media.
Types of Videos You Can Make for Social Media Platforms
Social media videos are great to connect with customers. You can use it to answer common questions, deal with negative feedback, inspire the audience, and share your brand values with the community.
If you want to reach out to a broader audience, make social media videos based on the following types:
- Explanatory and educational videos to guide your target audience
- Instructional videos with tips or tutorials
- Customer reference videos to show off the new features of your business or products
- Behind-the-scenes, videos to give insights to your audience into your working
- User-generated content using collages, slideshow, listicles, etc.
Key Factors to Consider Before You Make Social Media Videos
Sharing content is easy, but telling a story that leads to a sale is not. You’ll need to understand how the product you sell can help customers solve their pain points, and plan content aligned with your brand values. Therefore, there are some key factors you should consider in the process of creating video content:
Identify Your Objectives Well
The goal should not be to garner maximum likes, comments, and followers. This is just a metric to show how successful your videos are. Concentrate on the power of videos to increase sales, ROI, and retention, convert potential leads into customers, and increase brand equity among people.
See What Works and What Doesn’t
Research and do your homework well. See what your competitors are doing that is going great for them, follow market trends, check what kind of videos got you maximum turnaround, and focus on that.
Express Your Personality
People love to follow accounts that reveal a face and align it with the brand. You need to develop a unique style, tone, personality, and brand voice in your business videos for social media.
Engage with the Audience
You should be able to easily interact with your followers and highlight your unique personality by focusing on shared values, the brands and people you support, the businesses near you, and more.
Provide Excellent Customer Service
Be prepared to solve problems and demonstrate empathy and consideration for your audience’s needs. Use social media videos to help users make the most of your products, and use the space to talk about the trending topics in your niche.
Schedule Your Posts
You need to be consistent when posting on social media. Time your posts and generate content when it’s the most required. It doesn’t mean you have to be there 24/7 but allow your social media channels to appreciate your constant and reliable presence. You need to schedule posts, track important days and events, and rigorously review competitor posts.
How to Create Engaging Social Media Videos
There are 5 simple steps you need to follow to create interesting and profitable social media videos for your target audience. Let’s look at the process:
Step 1 – Work Out Your Ideas
You need to brainstorm video ideas by checking popular posts that resonate with your audience. Explore the most shared content based on different social media platforms and see what topics are popular right now. Once you have done your research well, stick to the idea and plan your video accordingly.
Step 2 – Plan
Start with scripting or storyboarding. Both help you visualize what your shots will look like.
Here are some basic things you need to plan before you start shooting or editing your videos:
- Opt for a soundless design as many people prefer watching videos on mobile everywhere, sometimes without the sound, at home, at work, or on the way to work. According to Digiday, 85% of videos on Facebook are played without sound.
- So, you must add captions or text to visually tell your story.
- Look for the maximum length and audio setting of each platform individually and adhere to the guidelines. Stick to short videos, as longer ones can distract the audience.
Step 3 – Start Recording
This is the most entertaining and the most taxing part of creating social media videos.
- You don’t need professional equipment to record videos nowadays. So set your smartphone right, put it on the right mode and settings, and prepare to shoot.
- Use a tripod to hold your smartphone to avoid shakiness.
- Most of today’s smartphones are capable of shooting videos with high image quality and high sound quality.
- Speak into the microphone for better sound quality.
- Find good lighting. Professionals say that natural light is one of the best sources of light for video, but you must get extra LEDs and other sources for more advanced lighting setups.
- Choose a clean, professional, and alluring video background to encourage the viewer to focus on you.
Step 4 – Edit Your Videos
After you have successfully recorded a video clip, now it’s time to put it all together. All you need is the right online video editor to transform your raw clips into amazing social media clips that will garner the maximum audience attention towards your business. Use your video editor to:
- Combine clips and shots to create short and engaging videos.
- Add royalty-free music to your videos with just a few clicks.
- Play background music.
- Add effects, graphics, designs, animations, and transitions.
- Customize your text and sync it with the video.
- Consider color correction and color grading.
Step 5 – Share It with the Relevant Social Media Channels
Now that your video is ready, you need to start posting it on social media. Customize your posts and be selective about the platforms you choose. Before you post, remember a few things:
- Add a relevant CTA to the video.
- Don’t forget to optimize your videos for SEO.
- Use thumbnails for better search opportunities.
- Use an effective intro and outro to give the best knowledge of our views to your target audience.
- Respond to audience comments and questions and maintain a high level of engagement with them.
The Value of Building a Social Media Community
Social media is key to building authenticity and connecting with potential customers. It’s not about just talking about yourself or your business — it’s about building relationships with people who are passionate about your brand and sharing your story in a way that inspires them to want more from you and your company.
Social media video is one of the best ways to build those connections and inspire action because it allows you to go beyond just hearing someone out — it gives you an opportunity to see what they look like and hear their voice. This is especially important during times when you might not be able to meet someone in person, like during holidays or vacations when people are traveling or out of town.
Video also allows you to connect with people on a deeper level than text messages or emails can provide by showing them how much they matter to you as an individual and how much they care about what happens next in their lives. This creates a personal connection between the two of you that can help build trust in your business, which is something that will make customers feel more comfortable buying from you rather than going somewhere else where they might know.
Building a social media community is one of the best ways to get more followers, engage with your audience and make them feel a part of your brand. It’s not just about creating entertaining videos; it’s about connecting with your audience in a way that feels organic and authentic.
The more you can bring your audience into the experience, the more they’ll want to participate with you, which will lead to greater engagement on all levels. The result? More followers, interaction, and brand loyalty.
It doesn’t matter if your business is small or big; social media video marketing strategy works for all. It is not a choice anymore! With the given success rate of these videos, it has become substantial for all businesses to delve into this marketing strategy to rule the market. So, create mindful videos using the above tricks and techniques and increase your potential customers, increase brand awareness, and deepen your connection with your audience.